“To strengthen the aspiring talents of NC State students through the grasp of additional knowledge in information technology and project management.”
What We Do
The Project Management Lite (PML) Program has interns that work in many different units in OIT. These units cover all different areas, from Business Services to Infrastructure, Systems, Security and Operations. All of the interns are working on actual projects with the employees at OIT, as well as having an intern team project. The interns get great experience working in the field as well as a chance to manage intern team projects of their own.
Groups Worked Within
Interns have the opportunity to work in these groups in OIT:
- Business Services
- Communication Technologies
- Enterprise Application Services
- Network Operations Center
- Outreach, Communications, and Consulting
- Security and Compliance
- Shared Services
- Technology Support Services
Our program is built on a collaboration between the Office of Information Technology (OIT) and the Poole College of Management in which undergraduate NC State students work as interns alongside members of the OIT staff, on real-world projects.
Interested in our program?
The PML application is now closed for Fall 2023. Please check back in the Spring for more updates on the next hiring cycle!
- Click here to be added to our mailing list to receive updates on when we are recruiting.
- Follow us @ncsuoitinterns on Instagram for more information about the internship program!